Building a social media strategy can be complicated and confusing. If you’re doing it on your own without the help of a marketing agency, you might be in need of a social media strategy template to help guide you through it. If it’s not in your budget, don’t search “marketing agencies near me;” let our marketing agency in Columbus, Ohio help!
We’ve got you covered with an easy-to-follow social media strategy template.
I. Social Media Marketing Goals
What do you hope to achieve with your social media marketing? What sort of customers are you trying to attract? Ensure each goal is attainable. It’s helpful to organize this list in a tiered fashion (first goal, one you can achieve after completing that, etc.)
- Drive in-person sales
- Improve ROI
- Create a loyal following
II. Target Demographic
Who are you trying to reach and appeal to? What do you know about that demographic? Which platforms do they spend their social media time on? What sort of things get their attention? What sort of content do they typically share?
- Target demographic’s interests
- Social media platforms they use
- Where/when ads will be most effective
- Peak times to post to reach your target demographic
III. Determining Which Metrics Matter
There are all sorts of data available for your various social media platforms, but which ones actually matter for your business? Having a bunch of likes and engagements amount to little more than vanity metrics if they don’t result in meaningful engagements or direct sales. You have to decide which metrics matter to you and put them into a context that relates to your marketing goals.
Examples of Metrics that Matter
- Reach – How far is your content actually spreading? Organic algorithms are constantly changing, which makes tracking your reach arguably more important than it ever has been.
- Clicks – Tracking the number of clicks on your content, company name, website, etc. is crucial to determining what encourages people to buy your products and what content drives their interest.
- Engagement – The important part of engagements is determining who, exactly, interacted with your content and whether or not it’s a good ratio out of your total reach. This will help you see how willing your audience is to interacting and how they perceive you.
- Hashtag Performance – Which of the hashtags you’ve used has performed the best? Which created the most engagement from your customers or clients?
IV. Research Your Competitors
It’s important to know what your competitors are up to in a lot of respects, but especially with marketing efforts. You want to match or beat their offers or efforts in order to stay ahead in your industry. If you use a marketing agency in Columbus, Ohio, they’ll do this research for you, making it easy. Your competitors’ marketing efforts could serve as a social media strategy template for your own. You don’t want to copy or steal any of your competitors’ ideas, but use this information to see what’s been working for them to inform how you may adapt and improve your own marketing campaigns.
What Keywords to Search to Find Your Competition
- The same keywords you use in your site for SEO purposes
- What you sell or the service you provide (handmade soaps, digital marketing agency, all-natural vitamins, organic foods, etc.)
- Your region and your industry (marketing agency Columbus Ohio, car wash San Francisco, car detailing Arlington, etc.)
V. Creating Content
It’s important to find a balance in the type of content you post and when you post it. In 2019, video posts are increasingly important. You want to create a schedule that includes a variety of content but favors video content. In constructing this schedule, keep in mind that posting too much can cause users to unfollow you, but too little and you’ll never appear on their newsfeed in the first place. It’s all about the balance.
Here are some common questions our marketing agency in Columbus, Ohio has seen about creating a social media strategy template.
Do I Need to Use a Marketing Agency?
It’s not required that you use a marketing agency for your social media marketing; you can do it yourself. However, it’s incredibly useful and also far more effective to use a marketing agency.
How Do I Find the Best Marketing Agencies Near Me?
It can be easy to find marketing agencies in your area, but the best one might be a little more difficult to determine. We recommend searching several different reviewing sites (Google, Yelp, Angie’s List, etc.) for true, honest reviews from actual customers. This way, you can fully understand the quality and reliability of the service you’ll be receiving.
How Important is Social Media Anyway?
Each year, social media marketing becomes more and more important. Without it, your search engine rankings can go down and your business could plateau. You have to appeal and try to reach a wider customer group to keep growing.
Developing a social media strategy can be difficult, but you don’t have to do it alone. We hope that our marketing agency in Columbus, Ohio’s social media strategy template has helped to guide you in creating the perfect social media strategy for your business.
If all this information seems overwhelming to you, call our experts at 3Keen Marketing today! We’ll work with you to plan the perfect and most effective digital marketing strategy for you.